Individual Disability Income Insurance provides benefits that replace a portion of your client’s lost income when they became unable to work because of illness or injury. Unlike workers compensation, disability income insurance supplements your client’s income even in cases where the illness or injury is not job related.
Wilson Brokerage Services offers a wide array of products for your individual clients. Whether they have group coverage or no coverage at all, we can provide you with income protection options that fit your client’s needs regardless of occupation or income – we can insure bricklayers to brain surgeons and everything in between!
Did you know:
If you think that Social Security or Workers Compensation is the solution, think again…
- Just over 1 in 4 of today's 20 year-olds will become disabled before they retire.
- Over 90% of disabilities are caused by illnesses and not by accidents.
- 90% of wage earners rated their "ability to earn an income" as "valuable" or "very valuable" in helping them achieve long-term financial security — wage earners perceive their ability to earn an income as even more valuable than retirement savings, medical insurance, personal possessions, other forms of savings or their homes (per a Consumer Disability Awareness Study, 2010)
- 65% of initial SSDI claim applications were denied in 2012.
- Can your clients’ families live on $1,130 a month? That's the average monthly benefit paid by Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) at the end of 2012.
- The average SSDI monthly benefit payment for males was $1,256
- The average SSDI monthly benefit payment for females was $993
If you have questions about Individual Disability Coverage or any type of disability coverage, please Contact Us today!
- Less than 5% of disabling accidents and illnesses are work related. The other 95% are not, meaning Workers' Compensation doesn't cover them.
REQUEST A QUOTE